Access denied. You don't have permission to access on this server

Hello people.
I am trying to do web scraping on a page and I can only open the browser, in the second step, when I want to open a link I receive the message:

Access Denied
You don’t have permission to access on this server.

I am trying with RPA.Browser.Selenium and I have searched for information in the forum and documentation without result.

That info is coming from server side, and there might be few reasons, like:

1. You might need to authenticate into that server.
  2. It might be, that server detects “automation” and prevents automation to scrape that server.
  3. Server might prevent all access if it is having troubles.

Can you tell us what site it is?

Thank you very much for answering.
It is a site that provides a list of companies, it is not illegal, but I understand that they seek to limit RPA because they charge for their database.

According to robots.txt they have long list of disallowed links

Thanks, I thought the problem came from there.
Any recommendation ?

If normally browsing those pages you want to extract won’t cause you problems, then the robot must look & act “human”, so try with setting up a User-Agent header first (chrome example) that is often met in browsers. (I think that Create Webdriver will help you pass the user-agent option and if Robot Framework code isn’t enough, then write a Python module that configures the driver as you wish and use Switch Browser with the initialized and returned browser index)

Other tricks to try:

• Random sleeps before clicking links/buttons.
  • Not browsing in a specific robotic and systematic order.
  • Using proxies to look like you’re surfing from a specific country/location. (post-deployment, if the Control Room server region is banned)