CLOUD: API and integration ideas

What would you like to integrate the Cloud with? Any data you would like to export from the Cloud? Need extra functionalities to the current API:s, or have ideas for completely new ones?

We want to support a broad range of use cases, so feel free to tell us even your wildest ideas!

3 Likes

Would appreciate it if you would consider node-red

Thanks in advance

1 Like

Thank you for the idea, node-red is definitely interesting. Do you have a specific use case or functionality in mind?

I would like to have node-red nodes to initiate a robot in robocorp cloud.
Pass data into, and get data from the robots.

use cases (unlimited):
When someone mentions me on Twitter
Pass the text to a robot in robocorp cloud
The robot does magic stuff and returns some data
In node red a follow-up node is triggered with the data as input

When my IOT sensor measures that the indoor temperature is above 15 degrees
run a robot to …

When my gaming robot sends a mqtt message to the nodered,
If the force of the sensor is > 3psi
Play a sound in the live stream

1 Like

Thanks for the detailed use cases, we’ll investigate the feasibility! We are implementing more functionality for passing data to and getting data from robots during Q1 in any case, and extending to other ecosystems (like node-red) is also a part of our strategy.

In the meantime, you might be able to do some of those functionalities with the Cloud Process API -> Robocorp Process API

True, everything I want is possible already, and I got it working with multiple middle layers.
Just think this would be a nice addition. One that does not require a lot of coding (if you want to know wich opensource nodes that your team can copy-paste let me know)

1 Like

Thanks, some good opensource nodes would be a great starting point for our team, please send a DM if you have ideas. :+1:

DM’s are disabled here (or at least for me)
so I just guessed your e-mail, lets see it if arrives :slight_smile:

1 Like

Got the mail, thanks a lot again. We’ll also check the DM matter.