Desktop.Windows Getting started

I am looking for some help in understanding why you would leave parse_elements as the default true when calling Open Dialog.
It looks like open_dialog calls connect_by_handle, and if parse_elements is true, calls refresh_window
But those ‘controls’, ‘elements’ from refresh_window never get returned up. So why set them? Is there a benefit I am not seeing that could be utilized?
Its about 10 seconds more if it parse’s the elements.

RPA_Desktop_Windows - Open Dialog

Is there a better/faster way to check if an element is available?
Currently, I have a keyword that looks like this:

Wait for and click on element in GUI window after it is visible and enabled
    [Documentation]
    ...     Keyword used to click on an element after waiting for it to appear, is visible, and is enabled. 
    [Arguments]  ${element}
    Log  ${element}
    ${locator} =  Set Variable  ${element}[locator]
    Wait for element to appear in GUI window  ${locator}  ${element}[type] #calls 'Wait For Element'
    Check if element is visible in GUI window  ${locator}  #calls 'Is Element Visible'
    Check if element is enabled in GUI window  ${locator} #calls 'Is Element Enabled'
    Mouse Click  ${locator}

Is Element Enabled and Is Element Visible both call _get_element_attribute and take a very long time (8 seconds each).
‘Wait For Element’ takes about 3.5 seconds.

Hi @matthew.mumm,

RPA.Desktop.Windows will be deprecated in the near future in favor of RPA.Windows (RPA.Windows library). I believe you can achieve what you are looking for with Control Window or Get Element.

Best,
Tim