Getting an error while installing Robocorp

Hi, I need your help, Actually I am getting an error when I try to install robocorp. Actually when I use visual studio code and try to create a new robot than I am getting an error message that show me “You need to enable long path” when I try to find the enabling option according to instruction that you have provided. I am not not able to find it. Actually I have laptop in which windows 8.1 Single Language with Bing c 2013 Microsoft corporation operating system is installed. am I able to install Robocorp or not ??

Hi @sumitsngh091,

Unfortunately for the older variants of Windows have a bit of a mixed batch of supporting the long paths.
Update to Windows 10 is highly recommended.
System requirements here are notoriously hard to pin down but at the moment list is looking like this:

BR, Kari

@sumitsngh091 @Kari and with Windows 10 Home edition it is not possible to set long path support

@mika.hanninen
You might have to create the key yourself in the registry
start regedit
navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\FileSystem
If you don’t see anything related to LonghPath you have to create the key yourself
Rightclick on “FileSystem” > New > DWORD(32-bit) Value
and then name it to "LongPathsEnabled

In the value’s properties window, change the value from 0 to 1 in the “Value data” box and then click OK.

You can now close Registry Editor and restart your computer (or sign out of your account and sign back on). If you ever want to reverse the changes, just head back to the LongPathsEnabled value and set it from 1 back to 0.

When using windows 10 you can change this by using the Local Group Policy Editor.

Please give it a try and let us know if that solved your problem.
@sumitsngh091 You might can give this a try for windows 8.1. If it doesn’t work i would recommend to update to windows 10.

I had this registry entry setup in my registry, but the error message remains in my Windows 10 Home edition.

And I don’t have Local Group Policy Editor on my machine.

I think we have to wait for official support from Robocorp then. According the requirements the Home edition should work, but they haven’t tested it. This is the only thing i could find.
Did you restarted your machine after the change?

I am new to the forum, so can’t help you with tagging someome from Robocorp.

Some detail info about the Long path issues.