Library Import Error

Hi, just getting started on this and, on running the beginners script, I get a fail! Log indicates that the import of library rpa.browser.selenium failed. Another error is that no keyword found with name “Open Available Browser”, so suspect that is because the library is not loaded or whatever?
Strangely, it appears on the keywords explorer (rpa.browser) but I’m at a loss here.
Thanks.

Hi @therron134 . Welcome to the Forum!

Sorry to hear about your problem. What is your rpaframework version ?

I am guessing you have version between 9.0 and 9.4 ? These version brought the robotframework v4 with the new IF/ELSE syntax included, but unfortunately the robotframework 4.0.1 had problem with it.

Could you try with rpaframework 9.5.0 which is the latest version which also excluded the problematic robotframework version 4.0.1.

Hi Mika, thanks for your super-fast reply! Yes, I’m running 9.1; I’ve had a look around at updating the framework but I’m just not sure. I’m running it on macOS, so can you advise, if possible, please?

Thank you. Trevor

1 Like

Update the rpaframework version in the conda.yaml

- pip:
    - rpaframework==9.5.0

Hi Mika, that solved it! Many thanks for your help; it is much appreciated. Trevor

3 Likes

Hey @mika not sure if you’re able to assist but I’m also having this issue with version rpaframework 10.3.0

Do you know if this is related to a similar build issue?

I have no issues running the tasks.robot file through the “robot” command in cmd, and the code works when using “run robot”.

My only issue is when running from the >> button within Robocorp Lab.

What is the exact issue in the Lab ?

Have you allowed Lab to update environment ? If there is blueish horizontal notification bar at the bottom of the Lab window you need to click “update” button on it and allow environment to update before you can run the Robot in Lab.

Oh :sweat_smile: I’ll give that a try thank you. That would be it.

Can I ask is that just updating the actual client or does that update button do something more specific?

@vaccadeus The update button builds the Python environment for the robot based on what is in the conda.yaml file. If you see the button, it is always a great idea to press it. :slight_smile:

(the button is there waiting for you to press it because you might be doing some dependency editing and only want to run the build when you are ready)

I see thank you for the explanation and help :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like