Problem with RPA.Desktop

Hi,

I’m trying to add a new library, RPA.Desktop, but inside suggest list I don’t have this library as possible to see in the picture, and I receive this error.

Sorry about the inconvenience - this is a known issue caused by setuptools package update which causes problems for other packages in Windows environment. This causes problems at least with following libraries:

• RPA.Desktop
  • RPA.Desktop.Windows
  • RPA.Excel.Application
  • RPA.Outlook.Application
  • RPA.Word.Application
  • RPA.Windows

There are some steps which you could do to fix situation (this is a temporary workaround until we find more permanent fix for the problem).

1. Open terminal into Robot environment by clicking terminal icon in the Robocorp Code extension
  2. In the terminal run command: where rcc and copy path to rcc which has something like .vscode\extensions in the path (this is needed in a later step)
  3. Close all Visual Studio Code windows
  4. Add system environment variable SETUPTOOLS_USE_DISTUTILS with value stdlib
  5. Clean all already built environments with command (using rcc filepath from step 2): c:\Users\User.vscode\extensions\robocorp.robocorp-code-0.23.0\bin\rcc.exe configure cleanup --all
  6. Open VSCode again and Run Robot

Environment should be working after those steps (there will be a small delay because Robot environment will be rebuilt after VSCode has opened a Robot folder).

1 Like

Hi Mika, thanks for your answer.

I’m having problem at point number 2, In the terminal run command: where rcc and copy path to rcc which has something like .vscode\extensions in the path (this is needed in a later step), because if i run command “where rcc” I don’t receive any answer.

Did you open the terminal like I mentioned - from the icon in the Robocorp Code extension ?

yes, I opened from the icon

hmm, you are seeing different terminal view — can you try by changing that terminal into command prompt (not powershell) ?

or can you just skip that part, open command prompt and execute this command

%USERPROFILE%\.vscode\extensions\robocorp.robocorp-code-0.23.0\bin\rcc configure cleanup --all

… but remember to add that environment variable …

Hi @matt.sala,

The team has been working hard to solve this issue and it should now be resolved by updating your conda.yaml file rpaframework version to 12.5.1 (“rpaframework==12.5.1”). Please let me know if you have any questions or further issues.

Best,
Tim

2 Likes

Thx, I resolved my problem.