Releasing hotfix for Robocorp Lab v4.12.6

…after all the times I have written and talked about dependency drift…
Lab just got hit with this so a dependency of our direct dependency got an update that broke Lab.
Hotfix pins the dependencies and gets things working.

Almost ironical link to my last post that we are getting better freezing via RCC. :sweat_smile:

Hello, Im getting this error with a fresh install.

Hi,
Tested a clean install and was not able to reproduce the problem…
That file should be generated during the startup of Lab.

You can try to just delete the following folder and restart Lab:
%localappdata%\robocorp\RobocodeLab
…this will trigger the re-build.

Note: On Windows do not have any file explorers etc. open into that folder when starting or running Lab as files and folder get locked quite easily.

If you still get the error after that can you submit an issue from the Lab Help -menu. That way we get the logs to see what is going on.

Br, Kari

Now the has the process running but no window. I cannot use the funtion to report the issue.

I see the following error in the log:

2021/07/05 08:06:09.603 [info] [browser-12600] [rcc.cli] Worker undefined already finished. Skip killing.
2021/07/05 08:06:09.605 [error] [browser-12600] [autoupdater] Failed to check for updates [object Error]: {“errno”:“ENOENT”,“code”:“ENOENT”,“syscall”:“spawn rcc”,“path”:“rcc”,“spawnargs”:[“configure”,“settings”,"–json","–controller",“RobocorpLab”,"–trace"]}
Error: spawn rcc ENOENT
at Process.ChildProcess._handle.onexit (internal/child_process.js:264:19)
at onErrorNT (internal/child_process.js:456:16)
at processTicksAndRejections (internal/process/task_queues.js:81:21)
2021/07/05 08:06:09.608 [info] [browser-12600] [rcc.cli] Worker undefined started in 1.9786 ms [object Object]: {“command”:“rcc”,“args”:[“configure”,“credentials”,"-j","-v","–controller",“RobocorpLab”,"–trace"]}
2021/07/05 08:06:09.609 [error] [browser-12600] [rcc.cli] Worker undefined raised an error spawn rcc ENOENT in 2.847299 ms

Ok, so it looks like some files have been locked during the auto-update.
I would recommend the following:

If this gets things running I would really like to see the logs so if you can submit issue report with mention “Kari asked for logs”. I have two reports from earlier updates where the auto-updater has done something similar so additional datapoints are always appreciated.
…and sorry for the hassle.