RF LS on VSC: code lens error 'Unable to obtain test item from'

Dear community,

I am new to this site and to Robot Framework. I have built a stack for test automation using the Robot Framework Language Server on Visual Studio Code.

Everything seems to be set up properly, I can run a very simple test through the console. However, when I use the code lens button ‘run’ to run the same code I receive the error message ‘Unable to obtain test item from: ’. This also happens for the other code lens buttons: Debug, Run Suite, Debug Suite.

I can not find what this error means anywhere, and therefore I have no idea how to fix it. I am hoping someone in the community has faced this error before, and knows what it might mean.

Thank you!
Carmen

For doing a run the language server maps a given uri/name to a test item internally and for some reason this isn’t working in your use case.

I haven’t seen this error before. Please report this as an issue in: Issues · robocorp/robotframework-lsp · GitHub

As a note, please check with the latest release (Robot Framework Language Server 1.6.0) and provide the contents of view: OUTPUT with Robot Framework selected in the dropdown in the issue.

1 Like