Robocorp: Add Image Locator not working

Help! I’m trying to use the “Robocorp: Add Image Locator”…when I select in VS Code, in the bottom right a message appears “Please select a robot first” and the I get an error message…any ideas how to fix?

Hi,

The error case looks weird enough that if possible can you submit an issue from VS Code so we get the logs.

The Please select robot first indicates that you probably have opened a folder that contains multiple robots in which case you need to select one from the left-hand sidebar so that the inspector knows the correct place to store locators. This should however be automatic with the current versions of the extensions so this is puzzling.

BR, Kari

Adding a note here as well that we confirmed that this has to do with a change to WebView behavior on Windows Server machines.
We are updating the Inspector and RPA.Dialogs to the newer pywebview to get this back to working order.

Note: On Windows Server VMs it is somewhat normal to still have the age-old IE as the minimum browser, fully locked-down. So you will need to install either Edge Browser or the:
WebView2 Evergreen Standalone Installer
from here

We are looking for ways to get this dependency separated from the system somehow.

BR, Kari