RPA.HTTP download SSLError

dear I’m studying to get the first level certification, but I got this error on download the excel file:

Download    https://robotsparebinindustries.com/SalesData.xlsx    overwrite=True
ErrorSSLError: HTTPSConnectionPool(host='robotsparebinindustries.com', port=443): Max retries exceeded with url: /SalesData.xlsx (Caused by SSLError(SSLCertVerificationError(1, '[SSL: CERTIFICATE_VERIFY_FAILED] certificate verify failed: unable to get local issuer certificate (_ssl.c:1076)'))) [+]

anyone that can help me to solve this issue?

Thanks

Hi, @angelo.dm! Could it be another connection error? I remember you having some issues with some other URL previously, too? That code itself looks ok.

How did you resolve the previous connection issue? Maybe something similar (whatever that was) could help in this case?

I suspect it needs same solution as previous case

…the previous one problems has been resolved with support of internal security team.
Anyway I’m able to download the file putting the URL into the address bar of Chrome…I shouldn’t have received the same error?

Congratulations on completing the Beginners’ course, @angelo.dm! :clap:

How did you manage to solve the SSL certificate verification issue?

Many Thanks! :upside_down_face:

Currently I still have the same problem in local, hence in order to complete the entire exercise I simply removed this step…but when I had to upload the project into the cloud I’ve included the Excel download step…and It works perfectly.

Probably I need to work with a personal notebook to avoid this kind of network issues.

Hi,
It sounds like the proxy settings are there for the browsers but the HTTPS proxy settings are not done on the system level. So programs and processes other than the browser do not get the HTTPS proxy setting. This breaks the certificate chain in HTTPS downloads which is a key piece of security in the bigger picture.

So the proxy settings guided here are relevant: Firewall and network proxy requirements

BR, Kari