Unable to activate Robocorp Code extension because python executable from RCC environment was not provided

I have completed the environment set-up and set-up the path variables properly but still getting error in first step i.e. ‘Create Robot’

--------------Please find some of the error messages below, please note that I can see the file manually
error Error opening “c:\robocorp\holotree\h44412bd2016a11cdt\python.pdb”: No such file or directory

error Error opening “c:\robocorp\holotree\h44412bd2016a11cdt\pythonw.pdb”: No such file or directory

--------------------This is the error message at end:---------------------------

Error executing: c:\Users\JZJZ6D.vscode\extensions\robocorp.robocorp-code-0.27.1\bin\rcc.exe,holotree,variables,–space,vscode-base-v01-adcdd7,–json,c:\Users\JZJZ6D.vscode\extensions\robocorp.robocorp-code-0.27.1\bin\create_env\conda_vscode_windows_amd64.yaml,–controller,RobocorpCode

Error code: undefined

Error: error

Unable to activate Robocorp Code extension because python executable from RCC environment was not provided.

– Most common reason is that the environment couldn’t be created due to network connectivity issues.

– Please fix the error and restart VSCode.

Error getting Python

Robocorp Code initialization finished. Took: 300.3s

Hi @rajesh.pathak,

Apologies for the delayed response. It look like you are coding on Windows and using VS Code. Open the command pallet using Ctrl+Shift+P and the type in python path. You should see an option that looks like “Robocorp: Set Python Path to robot.yaml”. Select that. Close and restart VS Code and then try running again. Can you please also let me know what your conda.yaml file looks like?

Best,
Tim

Hi @Tim, I am facing the same issue. I have tried to follow your instruction, but I get this error

Could you assist me please?

Hi,

From the screenshot, I can see the corner of an error stating connectivity issues so this could be a company proxy blocking outgoing traffic or something like that in which case this could help.

Can you submit an issue from VS Code so that we get the logs, the OS revisions etc. in one go. Please mention this thread in the issue report.

BR @kari

Hi @Kari it was Netskope blocking the connection, thank you for your help!

1 Like